- About Us
- Contact Us
GST Migration Procedure. Goods and Services tax (GST) that is often known as a historic reform is now around the corner. After president Pranab Mukherjee gave his agreement on September 8, 2016, the Government is firing on all cylinders to put into practice GST by April 1, 2017.
It is a common word which is used in case of both GST Migration and GSTRegistration. It can mean. GST Registration for New Business.
The process of GST migration for state VAT assessees began from November 2016 and was extended to cover Excise and Service Tax assessees from January 2017 onwards. While the last date of completion for the migration process was 31 January 2017, it was withdrawn by the authorities.
In May 2016, the Lok Sabha passed the Constitution Amendment Bill, paving way for GST. However, the Opposition, led by the Congress demanded that the GST Bill be again sent back to the Select Committee of the Rajya Sabha due to disagreements on several statements in the Bill relating to taxation.
In case of any changes to the legal name of a business, the GST registration certificate need not be cancelled. The existing GST registration can be amended to reflect the new business name. Changes to business name can be updated on the GST portal by filing FORM GST REG-14 within 15 days of change of business name.
On filing the application for change in business name, the GST Officer is required to verify the application and approve the amendment to the business name within 15 working days in FORM GST REG-15. On approval, the amendment would take effect from the date of occurrence of the event warranting the amendment.
In case of any changes to the address of principal place of business or any additional place of business, GST FORM REG-14 can be filed. For changes to address, proof of address for the new location must be provided in the GST registration amendment application. Accepted proof of address include:
• For Own Premises: Any document in support of the ownership of the premises like latest Property Tax Receipt or Municipal Khata copy or copy of Electricity Bill.
• For Rented or Leased premises: A copy of the valid Rent / Lease Agreement with any document in support of the ownership of the premises of the Lessor like Latest Property Tax Receipt or Municipal Khata copy or copy of Electricity Bill.
• For premises not falling under any of the above category: A copy of the Consent Letter with any document in support of the ownership of the premises of the Consenter like Municipal Khata copy or Electricity Bill copy. For shared properties also, the same documents may be uploaded.
• For rented/leased premises where the Rent/lease agreement is not available: An affidavit to that effect along with any document in support of the possession of the premises like copy of Electricity Bill.
• If the principal place of business is located in an SEZ or the applicant is an SEZ developer: Necessary documents/certificates issued by Government of India are required to be uploaded.
All changes to address recorded in the GST portal must be updated within 15 days of change. On making an application for change of GST address, the GST office would approve the change within 15 days. The date of amendment on approval by the Officer would he the date of occurrence of the event warranting the amendment. Get a free consultation for GST Migration with Amendments i.e. Change to Business Name, Mobile No., Email ID, Address, Commodity or Services and Business Setup in India by Scheduling an appointment with an Adhimukti Associates Advisor.
Enter your email address and hit / return to subscribe. You will be informed about upcoming events.